Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / free camera problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 11:22
I'm trying to make a free camera for a rts
there's is 2 problems with this code the frame rate wont show
even tho the frame rate is set to 60 still be nice to know that its staying constant
and i cant control the camera using the arrow keys

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 17:19
Your camera display is full-screen by default - that means that every time you sync, the current camera view is going to overwrite everything.

If you want to see other stuff alongside, then you have to redraw that every time you sync too.

Put the camera control and the text drawing into the same loop as the sync and it'll work fine.

BTW, 1440x900 isn't a resolution that everyone can use. The laptop I'm using right now doesn't go that high. If you are going to post code, then it's best to make the effort not to depend on a fixed display size, or if that's too much, to use one that's more general (1024x768 or lower).

timmie124
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 19:17
OK cool thanks, i had the resolution high because i use dual screens and if I don't the second screen becomes all weird I'll be sure to exclude next time i post something

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 00:25:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 00:25:32