Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Dark Shader Trial/Demo?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I just downloaded and installed DarkGDK (I know the forum title is DBPro but this is also a newbie question) and I cant wait to get going on the tutorials. I was looking through them to get an idea on what I'll be doing and I noticed for the shader tutorials you need to have Dark Shader. Now, I got DarkGDK instead of DBPro because I want to get better at C++ and it was free, so I dont want to spend any money right now till I get some experience messing around on my own.

Is there a Demo/Trial for Dark Shader? Looking at the shaders tutorials briefly it appears that I cant do them with out Dark Shader and I'll be missing out on a very important part of 3D programing.

Thanks,
-Ifandbut
the destroyer
Years of Service
User Offline
brother I'll give you a very good advice.. darkbasic pro is really powerfull and easy to use so if you spend your money it'll be worth it I swear...
and about dark shader I don't know but I don't think that there is a trial..
Ifandbut
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm sure DBPRo is worth the money, however I also want to get some experience with C++ as it is a more standard language then Basic, that is why I went with DarkGDK for now. If there is no free trial of Dark Shader could someone at least point me to some general shader tutorials for DarkGDK?
the destroyer
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll look if I can find a trial
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 02:15
pdf tutorial for Dark Shader with DarkGDK

http://cpavts.wikispaces.com/file/view/Shaders_Beginners.pdf

ive searched and searched, never found a trial. i eventually bought dark studio to get dark shader as well as plant/tree magic and fpsc whilst saving money. i dont use dark gdk, though, i use dbp
SJH
Years of Service
User Offline
Speaking of dark shader, here's a question thats been stalking me. I know you can apply textures and other stuff to 3d objects, but does this apply to already animated objects? Or do u have to apply the texture first and then animate?
Siddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Importing models into DarkShader, you use .dbo, .x or .3ds - does that answer your question SJH?

There is a video on how to use DarkShader somewhere kicking around. I think if you need to use sharders, and dont want to waste a lot of time figuring them out, just buy it. Or look for a cheaper alternate program that works with .x and .3ds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 02:26:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 02:26:08