Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / pixel shader version vs vista issue?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2009 21:18 Edited at: 9th Jan 2009 21:21
first, please know i have zero shader experience so i'm hoping for some enlightenment here.

now, i have a new computer with a ATI radeon HD 3650 (card specs HERE. system specs in sig), touting pixel shader model 4.1 (under directx 10.1... 10.+ only?)).

and, i understand dbpro uses dx9, which i have installed (most current version. no issues running dbpro under vista thus far).

when i run the Pixel Shader example code:

the result is: 2139095039

which, i'm assuming, is 2.1 and less than expected.

Q1: am i mixing apples and oranges here?

Q2: is ps3+ possible in dbpro? do users here use it in dbpro? a quick search resulted in: "it's possible to use 3+ but it will revert to 2.x". bottom line, am i missing out on something?

with my old system, the graphics card was PS 1.x so i avoided/ignored anything from the forums here that used 2.+... hence, my utter ignorance on the subject. now, with this new system, i'd like to go through apps made here and try some of stuff i skipped because i needed a beefier computer.

thanks for any insight on the matter

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 00:18:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 00:18:45