Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Sprite Maker......Pre-Release

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok folks...here is a little something for everyone, (esp newbees).

Lots of you have been asking about making sprites, and some of you it looks like, would like to use an animation package to make a model, then save as an animation and then convert it to a sprite.

Well... We have been working on a sprite animation package called “Sprite Magic” and while it will not be released until next week, what I did was to take the core of the converter (from .AVI to .BMP) and put it in to a simple program for you all.

I will post a link to it in just a mo....when its uploaded.

There is no error trapping, and you have to type in the info (tho its not a lot!) and the program does the rest for you.

Give it a go and see.

By the way...Included within the file is a test animation for you to use, just in case you don’t have one already.
Its called “fight”...So when your asked to type in the number of frames, type “30” and when asked for the name of the animation type in “fight”.

If you will be using your own animation, then your it MUST be in the same directory as the program is, and all outputted sprites will be placed in the same directory too.

So...Quickly...To outline it all...

1. Download the program
2. Make a folder on your hard drive (lets say you call it “SpriteMagic”)
3. Unzip the program to the folder.
4. If you have an animation (.avi) file you want to convert, place that in the same folder.
5. Run the program and answer the simple questions.
6. When done...Look in the folder for your sprites.

Remember...This is TOTALLY unfinished and does NOT reflect the full version...I just put it here to help some on the board.

Ta at for now.
Mary
Angeleyes
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok......Here is a temp link:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/freelance/SpriteMagic.zip

It will be moved to our site when the full vers is released next week.

Hope this helps someone.

Ta ta for now
Mary

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2003 06:34
thats not bad, I have a free open source variant on my site

Angeleyes
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Indi..

I just did it to help a few of em here right now....But the full one is much better.

Ta Ta for now
Mary

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:34:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:34:53