Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / old Church Model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 18:24 Edited at: 11th Jan 2009 02:48
Hi All

I am haveing a Problem with trying to use the model from the TGC Store. Is there somthing that has to be done to it befor it can be used? I got the old Church and trying to put it on a terrain. When I try to load it it gevis be a error of file not found. I look for miss spelling. I even started a new project and downloaded it again. I still get the same thing. You can use a x file from the store in DBP.

DennisW
Cloggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 19:34
LOAD OBJECT "mediamy_gi_terrain.x",1
LOAD image "mediamy_gi_terrain.jpg",1

Shouldn't these have a \ between media and my_gi ?

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 19:45 Edited at: 10th Jan 2009 19:46
There is but when I posted it took the "" out for some reason

DennisW
Cloggy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 00:49
DennisW,

I can't see anything wrong immediately. I would suggest when posting code you surround it with the [ code ][ /code ] tags.

Maybe edit you original post, highlight the code text and press the code button on the "Post Forum Message" form.

If you do that, I'll copy and post your code and try to reproduce the problem.

One other thing, I notice your terrain is in the media folder of your project but the church isn't. Is that the problem? Maybe the church is in media/Church sub directory. I know you have probably checked this, but no harm asking

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 02:52 Edited at: 11th Jan 2009 03:07
Ok
I did that. As far as the church in the Media folder I added the folder for the church. I will take it out and put it in the Media folder then test.

That was not it.I am useing a Editor from Build of Oct 2 2008 I am not sure of the verision bt it dose seem a lttle unstable

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 13:12
DennisW is the church placed in the media folder if so then it should be .

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 18:20
Everything is now in the media folder and here is the code I have. As you can see by the screen shot I still get the error.

DennisW

Attachments

Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 21:59 Edited at: 11th Jan 2009 22:01
You misspelled Media.

You spelled it Meida when it should be Media.

Maybe that's the problem? But it wouldn't explain why it wasn't working when you first posted the thread... Anyway, try fixing that.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 22:43
Thank you

I have corrected that and still the same thing as you can see.

Attachments

nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 00:41 Edited at: 12th Jan 2009 00:42
EDIT: Yupp, that's the problem, change your .x file to a big O in the code, and I think it should work just fine.

"Ja, för det är jävligt manligt att ligga fosterställning i duschen och raka röven! Testa det! "
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 03:15
No That was not it.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 12:37
can you try removing the brackets around the one - (1) , I am sure I've had an error doing it that way, if does not fix it then its one more bit eliminated.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 13:11
Its almost definitely a problem with you're current directory setting. Somewhere down the line you probably compiled under a temp exe by accident, and now DBP has set your current directory for the program to a temporary file, and is looking in this temp folder for the media folder.

First try redoing a save-as with a different project name in the correct folder, and see if that works.

If not, you need to figure out where your program's exe is located on the computer, and call the set dir command with this location. The other option would be to go into your IDE (the default one and code surge can do this) and manually set the directory in the project settings at the side.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 23:50
Ok
I went and started to check where files where and I found that there where 94 files that related to my project. I am getting everything out and restart a new project new name and see what happens.

DennisW
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 23:33
Ok
Maybe part of my problem is that I don’t understand this editor. When I start a new project. I get the following options.
1. Empty Project
2. Function.dba
3. Standard Setup Sequence.dba
To start a game program that will have media in it. What template would I chose.
When I select Empty Project and try to add media. I get an error that this project is not set up to have media with the exe file do you want to change.
Then if I pick the Standard Setup Sequence.dba I get incorrect path. (See attachment)
So why the incorrect path? And what template should I use.
Dennis W

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 00:18:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 00:18:24