Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Text Adventure Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 03:34
Well, after reading the Zork Tut, i decided i'd give it my go of doing it from scratch from what i had learn.

well so far, everything ive done seems to work with no error report. However, it is supposed to print the name of the location you are in, then go down a line a print the directions you can go, however, it refuses to print the name, as well as skip to the next line with out another empty print command in between.

so, can anybody figure it out?

oh and if you see something that i could do better please tell me

Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 03:39
doh, nvm, i figured it out, i made a typo, i put the variable as plC_loc, when it was supposed to be plR_loc

lol sorry guys.

my stupidity working again.

pluto
Years of Service
User Offline
Glad to see you got it working. Don't feel stupid really, I always look for typos first because they're so easy to make.
Pbcrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 15:23
aye, well, got it working and adding in some other little stuff, like a very basic combat system...were its the same anytime you attack.

i think next im going to attempt a inventory system.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 00:24:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 00:24:54