Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Question: How to make program outlook,buttons in DBP?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

How to make a program outlook in DBP?(or load one that you made in Fireworks MX, Photoshop,...)
And how to make buttons in it?

Tnx anyway
May0naise
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 21:58 Edited at: 11th Jan 2009 22:00
I don't want to speak for everyone, but i think you need to rephrase that a little bit

If your talking about running the program, you can press F5 or hit the green little triangle on top

Edit: for buttons, try this http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106004&b=10&p=0

Hope i helped some

Be patient....everything takes time.
Maartenbe
Years of Service
User Offline
Tnx for the button part.

But how to make a background for a program.
(how the program looks like, nothing to click on just background)

srry for the english but...
May0naise
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2009 02:58
Keep in mind im still pretty new at DarkBasic myself, the way i made my backgrounds was to paste an image in the back, then put the stuff in front of it, i don't know if this is the best way but it does work

Who you chose to be around you, lets you know who you are.
Maartenbe
Years of Service
User Offline
Allright, i have tried this a couple of times but can't realy find the good code for it so.
If somebody got a code.

tnx for the posts.
Tom0001
Years of Service
User Offline
Maartenbe,

The best way to have a non-interactive background would to be to create or find an image which you wish to use for the background.

From here on I will take the assumption that your image is named "Background.bmp". If not, simply alter the name and file extension as appropriate.

Then, in the DarkBASIC Pro editor, (note that you must have created this as a 'New Project' in order for Media to be added), click the blue 'Media' tab in the bottom right of the editor and click 'Add'. Browse to your image file, add it and then tick the checkbox asking if it should be moved into the same directory.

By ticking the checkbox, you are saving time as when you go to load the image you can simple type "background.bmp" as the name, rather than something like "C:\Program Files\DarkBASIC Project Images\Background.bmp". Now click OK.

You can load in and use the image by typing "LOAD IMAGE "Background.bmp", 1"
The 1 at the end of the statement is assigning the image to a certain number. From now on, when you want to use this image, you will refer to it as 1.

To get the image onto your screen, you would use "PASTE IMAGE 1, <x co-ordinate>, <y co-ordinate>
So, if you wanted the image to act as a background, you would place it at 0 for the x co-ordinate and 0 for the y co-ordinate, as the point of the image is at the very top left pixel of it.

Hopefully this helps,

Tom

Maartenbe
Years of Service
User Offline
Tnx mate.

that's what i wanted to know.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 00:26:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 00:26:26