Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Vetexdata ideas and suggestions...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 00:32
So I had it in my head a while ago that I would quickly understand all aspects of the vertexdata commands... HA. I was trying way back when, to make drawable roads like you'd find in sc4 and the newer CitiesXL http://www.citiesxl.com, but couldn't grasp the idea. The same can't be said this morning. I FIGURED THE S#$@ out! What I need help with is when you draw the roads (there is some math involved with this that ugh-um... I don't understand) the remaining unaltered vertex's don't rotate in the direction you are moving the road to. (IE, the point opposite the roads end you're dragging) I need some help figuring it out. I know that it would rotate around a point the same distance from the road as the roads width... but what is the math I should use (or invest my time understanding)Anyone with any information and knowledge is a big help-

D.

Jack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pale of water... but Jill got tired of his s#%& so she shot him.
Daryn Alsup
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 09:00
Well to better understand what I am trying to (asking) to learn how to do is make the vertex's pivot around the click point, while the other side pivots accordingly as well... or take a look below to understand visually

If some one knows how to do this, please share. I know I am damn near stumbling across it, but rather than search through such malice of code-al interloping time spending self knowledge enhancements, COULD SOME ONE HELP LOL?!?

Jack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pale of water... but Jill got tired of his s#%& so she shot him.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 00:20:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 00:20:11