Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with Tree Magik in DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post about this, so go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong to post this here..

I recently started using Tree Magik for use in DarkBasicPro, and whenever I load them directly into dark basic via the "Load object" command or use T.ED to add trees to terrain, the Tree's Leaf textures look very odd, as if they're 2D textures(It's like the branches are not UV mapped or something)
I have been using both DBO and .X type files for export, so I really am at a loss as to why this is happening.
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, or a similer problem loading models into DBP or using a program that also uses models, and if they know a solution.

I can't seem to link it correctly, so I have attached a example picture of what plagues me

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 09:24 Edited at: 15th Jan 2009 09:25
<Double Post>

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 09:25 Edited at: 15th Jan 2009 09:26
You need to set object transparency on, and texture the object using mode 4 I think. Play around with the texture mode, but I'm almost sure it's 4 you need.

There may also be an option to export the textures as PNG, which give you a better edge.

By the way, if you save your screenshots as jpg, people can view them easier and you'll get more help

Not_Maindric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 02:19
Or save them as .png, that is better then .jpg (imo, sometimes smaller size and perfect quality.)

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=342UHxjfmcQ

That will teach you how to use Tree Magik in DBPro.

Servant Saber
Years of Service
User Offline
I finally got it to work thanks to everyones advice, and that link that Maindric gave is a Lifesaver for explaining how to use Tree Magik
Problem solved!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 00:20:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 00:20:46