Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Transparency Issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been texturing a while, but there's a nagging problem that I keep running into. I don't know if it's the .fpe or if it's a bug or what...Basically, whenever I make an entity that has parts on the texture that are semi transparent, X10 seems to take an all or nothing attitude; the semi-transparent will appear either transparent or not transparent at all. The result is that in the area where it's semi transparent there is a solid break, so that instead of a smooth transition or whatever, the semi transparent area is either completely visible or not at all (depending on how see-through it is).

Has anyone else had this problem? Have I been making mistakes in the .fpe's? I haven't had this problem with custom HUDs or decals...
Thanks in advance!

A picture says a thousand words.
-- H.K. --
http://www.fpscx10-online.com/
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 13:28
Yes I have ran into this as well... It does seem to be an all or nothing thing like you have said.
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 17:21 Edited at: 15th Jan 2009 17:23
I have also run into this with about 10% of the content X10 came with out of the box. However I have had no issues with it using my own content or most stuff from the store. I have also got a few model packs to work right. And to be honest I just install them in the X 10 folder and test them out. I have not tried all of them only the ones I needed... There are a few things from each model pack that will crash the level. But what I do is fire up a test level and test them out and know which ones work.

That should give you more content to use with X10 since there are some transparent issues....

Dooms Wars

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
That's good to know. Could it be a bug with X10 then? (if so, then I'll make a point to mention it to Lee..) I haven't done experimenting with the existing media though; most of the media I use is custom nowadays, that's why it worries me...

A picture says a thousand words.
-- H.K. --
http://www.fpscx10-online.com/
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea could be. I have not issue with my media... Everything works stock for me but I have the transparent issue with the corridors...

No big deal for me as I am not using them. But everything is invisible in the levels when I use them. And to be honest the 10 items I tooks from the store for my game works in X10 Just fine.

Dooms Wars

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 06:57:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 06:57:23