Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / linking difficulties: error tells me to debug terrain.exe!!!?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 03:38
Help! I know you see many of these same problems in many different versions, I've read many related threads and still could not figure this out, How I ended up this way seems straightforward to me....I was exploring possibilities in the terrain tutorial of (what I believe is dark gdk) using visual basic 2008( got the free version for now, love it , thanks, btw) and then an obvious idea came into my mind.// why not load colonelx into the terrain tutorial... you know patch things together and all. Soo... I pasted in DarkSDK into my soution finder window somehow, (I did this because it contained {colonelx.x} and all of his clothes and (texture?)... and suddenly the program no longer compiles. now i get this...
I cut out the bulk of the copilation cuz U get the point most likely.

------ Build started: Project: Terrain, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Linking...
DarkSDK.lib(DarkSDKTerrain.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl SetupTerrain(void)" (?SetupTerrain@@YAXXZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl dbSetupTerrain(void)" (?c:\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Tutorials\Terrain\Terrain\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
Terrain - 16 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped =

so if sum1 can tell me how to do this properly at least it would be gr8!

If you're not livin', you're already dead!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 04:49
Add the darkgdk lib and include folders to your project... and you might need to toss in specific library from the GDK with that in the additional dependacy area in the project properties.

That's a guess. I hate linking issues and often find myself in your predictament. Good luck!

--Jason

spring water
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 08:05
Thanks, this was the solution I needed, I think I learned an important thing here...I had actually already added some of the files I needed but, I had to come to an understanding that one must manage their files within a program, I had folders inside of files that were duplicates ect. and it was rediculous OUT OF CONTROL... But here's the clincher for others experiencing this for the first time.... All of the little individual files cannot be in seperate folders!, You must keep all your ducks in a row, so to speak.../All files / seperate/ single/ together/in the same project!!!!!!!!!!!/ at least thats what worked for me, I am new to programming and learning on my own. I had assumed wrongly that adding a folder to the project would suffice...No siree!!!!So anywho, Now It compiles fine but I get an error code 6! (of all things!) and then it crashes BOOOOM!!!!!!!fssssst...POP! ect.
But I believe this is due to some squirrely math conconcted on the fly in my precious code. So I will return back to Hammer out the delicate devious details... wish me luck, I will be back with new and exciting problems!

If you're not livin', you're already dead!
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 14:21
Error "6" is usually it can't find the texture or detail or height map for your terrain.

--Jason

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-07 01:20:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-07 01:20:04