Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Iron Sights.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 19:34
Is it possible to have iron sight mechanics on weapons AKA, aiming down the barrel of the gun? If so, help with scripting would be much apreciated.

Thanks.

I am Caboose, The Vehicle Destroyer!
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 21:06 Edited at: 16th Jan 2009 21:07
not possible only with mods, i suggest you will buy x9, then download mod and download airmod.

or wait for a possible source code of x10 and make a mod

if you need more help, free stuff etc. go to

http://www.fpscx10-online.com/forum/

nearly every x10 user is here, to help etc.

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 21:22
But couldn't you take and create a weapon that looks exactly like the origional one, then create a "Scope" of sorts, edit the magnificacation animation, and lower the magnification level, then remove the origional crosshair like in multiplayer? Then you could script to make it so that the crosshair apears when it is "Aimed". If possible, you could make the player speed decrease when you "Aim".

I am Caboose, The Vehicle Destroyer!
Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
That's how the airmod works (so I hear) that you can have 2 different firing animations

@ mgarand

The forum is back up? I keep trying to get in through the portal, but it doesn't work..

Edit: going through the portal, it has an extra dash, that's why is doesn't go through; the link is wrong

A picture says a thousand words.
-- H.K. --
http://www.fpscx10-online.com/
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 13:57
in airmod it replaces the zoom function with moving the model instead of showing the zoom image. But all the stuff is done in the gunspec not a .fpi file.

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
DualEagle_MKII
Years of Service
User Offline
Iron sights are simluated in model packs 9 and 10, i think they are the right ones anyway... - like right clicking with an M14 braught up a graphic of an iron sight, not very convcing but its a start. might be best to stick with airmod

-- Game Production has begun! What a long trip it will be... --

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 06:29:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 06:29:21