Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Online Guides, where can they be found?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I keep hearing about the online guides for DBPro.
I thought after i bought DBPro i would be able to find them, maybe linked in the program.

Now i have bought the Dark Game Studio, and still cant find the online guides.

I was going to buy a book for DBPro, but all the reviews say something along the lines of "The downloadable material that comes with the software covers all the commands and just about everything that this book covers and much more." and "we recommend the online guides."

So i ask if someone could please direct me to the online guides.

Thanks,
Si.
HST
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is one: http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?f=dbpro_tutorials

Try searching the forum for some more.
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
There is a "getting started guide" in the help file. Took me an hour to figure it out... since I came from a C background and plain english really isn't something I'm used to coding in. (is now though)

Also I believe "online guides" refers to the way the help file is done. Honestly, all you need is basic Algebra knowledge, the Getting started guide, and the ability to know that the compiler goes from top to bottom.

If it gets too confusing, head over to cprogramming.com and download the bloodshed compiler and just go through all of the beginning C++ tutorials (I do this once a year now to remember my "good" habits) Those are easy to understand (if you ignore linked lists, which I never ever understood) and they'll give you a solid understanding of things like Scope and Objects.

THEN, after the day or so of going through the beginning tutorials, look over the DBPro help file and it should all click.

DBPro doesn't have any easily accessible guides as to how their language works for the absolute beginner, aside from books, that I've seen. There are beginner's techniques and applications, but I don't know where you can find an actual understanding of how and why to put brackets here and semi's there. That's why I'm saying to learn another language to get the foundation first.

Have fun, will see you on the WIP board and Program Announcements maybe? (I have yet to post anything good there myself)

Signed
------
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 16:14 Edited at: 20th Jan 2009 16:14
There are also tutorials posted in the The Game Creators Newsletters.

Regards,
Sph!nx
Siddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the replies!

Im on my way.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 00:22:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 00:22:33