Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Half Life Floor Trick?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2009 23:03 Edited at: 23rd Jan 2009 20:18
Hi. I'm trying to do a remake of the Half Life Horror Mod, Nightmare House, but it has a couple of things that I don't know how to make. 1 is a floor that breaks when you walk on it. 2 is making an entity appear then disapear and have another entity apear after the first one is gone. AKA, a zombie torso gib turns into Bond1s Zombie Crawler, broken mirror replaces a mirror ect.

Also, do Bond1's Zombie models work for X10?

Ps: A place in the credits is open for all who give ideas and help.

I am Caboose, The Vehicle Destroyer!
the bomb
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 01:07
You could probably instead just make the floor transparent, and have the character immediately fall through, or you could make an animation cutscene where it shows your character walking and then the floorboards breaking and the character falling into a hidden chamber, or wherever you want to place him/her.

For the second one, sorry, I'm not sure, but I'd ask in the script forum.

Um... do I really need a signature?
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 05:04 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 05:41
Import the free animated boards for FPSC, and lay them down along the floor where you want the player to fall through. It might work. Leave the segment blank.

Click above to sign up for the Axifer Designs Dev-Team!
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 05:15
What I mean is, say the player is walking through a dimly lit wooden hallway and suddenly the floor breaks beneath their feet. I don't know how to make a trigger zone destroy an entity, and I can't find the collision on/off thing.

Ps: I have looked in the scripts=nothing.

PPs: @AaronG Have tried the thing you suggested but it didn't work. Thanks though.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 05:44
Then, make an entity the same exact size as one floor segment, with the same tileable texture, and place it where the blank floor is, so it appears that there is a floor there, even though it's a hole in your grid with an entity placed there. Then, right click on the floor entity, turn collision off, and set a trigger zone right on top of the entity so when the player walks on the penetrable floor a sound plays of floors breaking or something.

It's late, so if my wording is jumbled I apologize. When the player then falls to a basment level or something (assuming he doesn't die) have some broken planks and such right below the players feet when they fall, make them dynamic to create the illusion the player broke through. You can even have a trigger zone spawn the objects while your falling so they kind of "fall from the sky", making it look like the boards really broke off.

Just an idea...

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 06:54 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 21:03
How do you turn off colision?

Also, are there any tree models. Before you noob slap me, I have searched in nearly every corner of this forum, gone to every suggested website andd still have not found tree models.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 22:39
It's a script, like coloff; or something I forget. I was messing with it last night and had some difficulty.

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 22:46
I was thinking that you could take a overlay and put no collision on it so they fall through it and when they look up at the overlay, they see nothing (because overlays are one sided).

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
You could make a script...it'd work something along the lines of if player distance is less than X, destroy the entity. It could work the same way crates work, how when they're destroyed there's debris...The actual model could be the same size as a floor segment and be otherwise identical..

A picture says a thousand words.
-- H.K. --
http://www.fpscx10-online.com/
Marc Steene
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2009 13:08
OK. I'm not going to test this, but this should give you a general idea. First of all, find a 1 tile sized entity (there's one in the Dark Egypt model pack and I think one on fpsfree. Put the tile in the segment hole, then right click it and set immobile to yes. Make sure it is dynamic.

Add this script to it, and it should work:

Then, under the tiles sound place a wooden floor boards breaking sound. Change the tiles destroy script to crumble.fpi.

Once you've done this, place a trigger zone and change it's main script to plrwithinzoneactivateifused.fpi. In the ifused box enter the name "planks".

Then, find a wooden plank entity. Add 3 or 4 where the player will fall and make them dynamic. Change their names to "plank" (no quotation marks). Change "spawn at start" to 0.

That should do, let me know if it works.

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2009 01:53
Thanks for all your help. The full game will include the first, and hopefully second, Nightmare House games, plus the remake of the first one and a nightmarish multiplayer map. Your names (forum names) will be listed in te credits.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 06:55:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 06:55:38