Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FPSC X10 compatibility wiht FPSC X9 maps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 14:16
This is my first post in FPSC X10 forum (and maybe the last one if i got a negative response).
If I can afford another 70 bucks (or whichever is the cost of FPSC X10 now) for this product, it could import my FPSC X9 maps ?
.. excuse me for my buggy english ...
I've just searched the forum without satisfaction and i would like to know if there are workaround to do (to import fpm from FPSC X9 in FPSC X10) or it's a feature by design or it can't be done due to structural differences between the two engines ..
Ok let me know.

Tx!!

Riccardo
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
The only major (perhaps stopper) problem I see for the maps is when you use custom media.

FPS Creator X10 does not have great documentation (either did the original) on how to import your models or create models for it.

If you are using all original media (nothing downloaded) when you load the map up in FPS Creator X10 everything should work.

There are a few considerations that I can think of right now such as Waypoints do not work the same way anymore for enemies.

So again, if it is all original media, your map should load up correctly as all media from the original FPS Creator has been brought (or looks like it) to FPS Creator X10. There have been some changes to the media such as X10 only object, but I do not know how the loading process works.

If you really want to know, you can ask TGC themselves and they will give your the correct answer.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=contact_orders

DarthBasicVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2009 15:32
They have just done
It seems that the compatibility is certain only if you use the basic assets.
Tx !! (and thanks to TGC for the quick answer)

Riccardo

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 06:57:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 06:57:10