Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / darkbasic pro animation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everybody, my problem is that my animation doesn\'t work
I have modelled a football with 3d max and animated it and exported it into .x and imported it into dbpro but the animation won\'t play what\'s the problem
anyway here is my code

thankss
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 22:03
3DS Max's X format exporter will not include the animation data. Unfortunately :/

"We know some things about poodles, for example that they are alive, they can bark, they eat meat..."
- Extract from Objects first with Java.
the destroyer
Years of Service
User Offline
maan how can I do it then?
I have charcter fx but when I import the model the cpu goes up to 100% can you help me?
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2009 23:31 Edited at: 24th Jan 2009 23:33
Yeah, I know it sucks - actually I'm not a modeller myself, but my artist friend uses C4D which epically fails to export animation data (and often textures as well, allthough Collada seems to work) to any format. Also, perhaps I should add that I do not own 3DS Max myself; I've just heard that it doesn't work. And seeing how Cinema4D doesn't, I have no reason to believe otherwise. We are still working on how to get the animations to work; most people around here use Milkshape or TrueSpace (my artist won't touch those though )

Edit: Oh yeah, I guess that you can always try to export to a different format (that hopefully supports animations) and then convert it to the DirectX format using another program - there are some free ones around if you google for it.

"We know some things about poodles, for example that they are alive, they can bark, they eat meat..."
- Extract from Objects first with Java.
the destroyer
Years of Service
User Offline
aight thenks for reply
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 18:05
I think there was an exporter out there that could export an X file WITH the animations. I'm not sure I remember which one though...

I'll get back to you if I remember!

the destroyer
Years of Service
User Offline
allrght thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 02:24:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 02:24:01