Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Where is the output screen?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm trying to follow some tutorials on DBP. When I execute a script, the program shows a compile process for a split second and nothing happens.

I don't see any output results anywhere. All I'm trying to do is print the "Hello World" test.
Not_Maindric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 07:52
Did you buy Dark Basic Pro on it's own, or with the Dark Game Studio? I had this same problem when I upgraded to the latest update with Dark Game Studio, if you did get this, then pop in the DVD, repair the installation, and it should work, if not, then I do not know. What version are you using? What IDE are you using?

feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
haha, lol... I know what's happening. You got a super-fast machine if you don't see a even a blip.

Put Wait Key$() at the end of your code... or any function to get it to stop.

(I forgot the waitkey syntax btw, so endkey=inkey$() might work better)

Your program probably runs perfect... problem is you gotta tell it to wait up

Signed
------
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 10:25
ye, put the command 'Wait key' at the end. Theres no () or $ at the end, Just Wait Key.

NaGaCreMo:
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 11:00
Quote: "...endkey=inkey$() might work better"

No, it will not, since inkey$() does not wait for any keypress before returning; if nothing is pressed while it is being called, it will return an empty string.

"We know some things about poodles, for example that they are alive, they can bark, they eat meat..."
- Extract from Objects first with Java.
Urrelles
Years of Service
User Offline
Thx for the solutions. My computer died this weekend. (Thanks to Virus Remover 2008) I will have to reinstall everything. The upgrade I used after installation was DBPro Upgrade 5.8.

This program seemed script heavy, from the looks of the tutorials, I probably should grab FPSC. Looks more visual int he creation process.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 00:27:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 00:27:36