Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Shaders walkthrough

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 12:48
Since i am new to this and i havent found much help on making shaders for some planets im going to ask if someone here can help me with shaders.

What i need is a walkthorugh on basic definitions and how tos.

My aim is to get help in making some plaetoid shaders for many different types of planets, moons, asteroids and suns, but first i want to start with a sun similar to ours.

I have mental mill ae and nvidia fx composer 2.5, i saw that they would be best suited for creating shaders.

If anybody can get me started i may be able to actually complete the rest on my own..

p.s. this includes loading them into the IDE ready for use within the app...

Any help is welcomed with arms wide open (digitally)
lucifer 1101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2009 12:30
i have decided its best to just texture my planets with normal textures instead of doing shaders and i will add shaders in a later release when i have had a chance to learn them properly...

p.s. i still would like any replies to the original post just not specifically to atmospheres now....
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2009 13:11
How about going to the DBP board? There's a sticky called: "Learning to write Shaders".

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 02:30:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 02:30:50