Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Loading Images (a lot of 'em)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am creating an interactive map of a facility. It requires a lot of "Rollover" images and I was wondering if there is a quicker way to load my images into the program then loading each one individually. For example, is it possible to have DBPro look at a specified folder, read all the image files in that folder, and then load them all into the program?

just curious
Thanks
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 11:09
You will still have to load them individually, but you can loop through the contents of a folder (and its subfolders as well, if you wish), loading all image files you find in there, if that is what you're looking for?

"We know some things about poodles, for example that they are alive, they can bark, they eat meat..."
- Extract from Objects first with Java.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 11:37
PERFORM CHECKLIST FOR FILES

This command will output the contents of the current working directory to a checklist. The command provides a convenient way to store the contents of a directory without using additional data structures, but does tie up the checklist when in use. Use the CHECKLIST commands in the SYSTEM command set to access the checklist.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2009 12:31
True, but that has (at least it did have, haven't used checklists for years) a limit of 255 items.
If you want something more "fit-for-all-purposes", I'd suggest you to look into the find first and find next commands. They make file searching really swift once you get used to them

"We know some things about poodles, for example that they are alive, they can bark, they eat meat..."
- Extract from Objects first with Java.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 02:22:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 02:22:01