Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sun in space lighting trouble

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2009 00:50
I have a sun with planets around it veiwed from spaceship (just a camera atm) and i am now trying to set up lighting conditions (just the sun really) and im placing a light at the suns position and it lights all the planets well but i need to be able to light the sun completely as if it was the light, but the light is inside the sun.

I hoped that there was a scale light command but i could not find on.

Please any help on finding a resolution to this little (big) problem will be well thanked...
Kira Vakaan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2009 01:21
Hm, have you tried:

That basically removes all shading and lighting from an object. Only the object's diffuse colors will show. Strangely enough, however, if you've colored an object using color object or set object diffuse, it appears completely white when its light flag is turned off. Use a texture and the problem should be solved.
lucifer 1101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2009 01:33
thanks heaps for that, luckily i am already using a texture.

I have two more things to add in (rotation and collision) before i will release the WIP...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 02:24:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 02:24:04