Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Odd Problem, cannot fix, enraged, please help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just bought Dark Basic PRO, many things I'm displeased about, the Examples won't work, first off, but the thing I am furious about is that my computer cannot compile ANYTHING, I write my own programs, I use the examples that came with the software, yet it says:

"Could not create C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Professional Online\Temp\dbp_program.exe"

I'm not entirely sure whats happening? I was trying to compile one of the examples, which about 70% of all the examples have errors, just what kind of software is this?!? please someone help me out here otherwise i just wasted $70
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 11:57 Edited at: 6th Feb 2009 11:59
first off Welcome,

Which os do you have, if its Vista have a look at the 7th post down in the DarkBASIC Professional Discussion forum.

if its xp try re inalling DBPro.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 12:56 Edited at: 6th Feb 2009 12:57
As HowDo says, you need to read the Windows Vista Compatibility Thread. And please try using a more descriptive thread title next time.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 17:39
I had this problem yesterday after installing the demo on a vista laptop (using my friend's while im outa town). In the project properties on the right of the editor, you'll see the path where it compiles the exe file. Remove the %temp% and it should compile fine.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
Grade A Kill
Years of Service
User Offline
and what about all the errors in the examples?

and one last question, is it possible to import Models from modeling software like 3D Canvas Pro, or AC3D?

and can i import terrain from 3D World Studio?

thanks for your help so far by the way.
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 14:01 Edited at: 7th Feb 2009 14:01
Quote: "is it possible to import Models from modeling software like 3D Canvas Pro, or AC3D?"

Quote: "3D World Studio?"

Any editor that exports to a format which can be loaded in DBP can be used. For a list of supported formats, go to
http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=features#formats

I wouldn't know about the errors in the examples. But I suggest using tutorials on the forum anyway instead of the examples that come with DBP.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 14:58 Edited at: 7th Feb 2009 14:59
Grade A Kill,

I believe you must have it going, Yes.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Grade A Kill
Years of Service
User Offline
the instructions from the vista compatibility won't work for me, for some reason i don't have a program that can run the instructions, can someone explain them for me?

then another question, I'm beginning to learn how to use AC3D and 3D World Studio, but many problems occur, they are both trial versions so I'm not sure if that is why, but you see, i wish to add more models into 3D canvas pro, first off, will the full version come with a lot more models and textures? and if i get the full version, will i be able to import models from AC3D, because I cannot import them, which file type am I supposed to be using here between Drk Basic Pro, AC3D and 3D World Studio?
Grade A Kill
Years of Service
User Offline
Phaelax, I deleted that TEMP file you mention and it still says the same thing, what is it specifically that i must do, I'm still not sure if I properly fulfilled your directions, can you describe in more detail?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 02:24:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 02:24:23