Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / level editors,some tips please...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,now that i have some models running nicely i need a world to put them in,or more precisely a large jungle but have no experience in level editng or level editors.What advice could you give me on level editors,easiest to use which run very well in dbp and allowing me to build a jungle,so tree models would be handy please.
paulhenry
Years of Service
User Offline
bump
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 13:36 Edited at: 7th Feb 2009 13:37
Well, I guess I'd start by carefully planning.
Like,

How will I manage my object list?
What should the user be able to do with the objects? (Position, Size, Texture, ...)
How will the user be able to alter those things? (Mouse gestures, sliders, ...)
In what format will my world will be exported?

The biggest hurdle would be How will I code this?. And unfortunately, this is only something you can do if you have the required knowledge and experience.
If you finally managed to load an object in DarkBasic yesterday, chances are high that you won't be able to code a full-fledged level editor yet.

Tree models can be made in any modeling editor, or by using special software like TreeMagic (You can buy this product on the TGC website).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 02:33:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 02:33:22