Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / texture object maximum textures?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 10:56
Could someone please tell me;

Is it possible to apply a single number to multiple objects?
Because it is not working for me.

Also: is there a maximum number of images that can be used?
There is a limit of 30 for bitmaps I know.
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 13:54
It is possible to apply one image to several different objects. First you load the image using load image and then apply it to the objects using texture object (but I think you already know this).
If it isn't working, then it might have to do with the UV data of the object being incorrect. If the object just stays black, then perhaps the material of the object or the normals are messed up. Use set object light to check whether or not this is the case.

There used to be a limit of 65535 images. But I'm not sure if it still applies. But as you can see, 65535 images should be more than enough for any game. The chances are higher that you would run out of memory instead of running out of image numbers.
Bitmaps should not be confused with images. They are treated differently and have other options which is why bitmap numbers are capped at a lower limit. If you want more information on bitmaps, then try searching the forum.

ICERGB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 02:58
Thanks for that, thats what I thought, using "texture object" you should be able to texture more than one object with the same texture...

Maybe it is the darkphysics code...

I thought there was way more than 30 for the images as well, funny I can't find any reference to it.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 14:03
Quote: "I thought there was way more than 30 for the images "

screen bitmaps can only go up to 32. ordinary images until to run out of memory.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 02:33:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 02:33:59