Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Okay- Newbish question... Seperating different object types in multiple groups.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 09:47 Edited at: 8th Feb 2009 09:50
So I need an example of how to separate different objects into separate groups which can then "pop up" within a specified area on a Terrain object or matrix. No clue where to start. So really pointers, examples or ideas are a big help.

Jack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pale of water... but Jill got tired of his s#%& so she shot him.
Kira Vakaan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 01:32
Well, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but maybe this'll help.

First, you could store all of the objects' types in an array. Something like this:

Then, when it's time to position them based on their type, you should cycle through the entire array an position each one:

Is this at least kinda what you were looking for?
Daryn Alsup
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 03:58
... boy did I hit myself in the face when I saw how easy it was... sometimes you just don't get it... I am thick. lol. Thank you very much

Jack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pale of water... but Jill got tired of his s#%& so she shot him.
Kira Vakaan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 05:39
Glad I could help.

...but oh dear, how's your face..?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 02:31:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 02:31:31