Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / rate my work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I posted pieces of this before but I completed it. (well I ran out of time) thanks to Kira Vakaan for his animation on a plain library. I has to write a game for some sunday school kids having to do with fruits of the spirit. anyway drive with the arrow keys, time penalties for getting the answers wrong/ or hitting a landmine, time bonus for getting them correct. I would have loved to have done a nice game over sequence or at least game over would you like to play again but I ran out of time. I have to use it on sunday and I'm out of town this week on business. but If anyone wants to add the play again code and re-post I'd be eternally grateful. anyway here it is
pollywog
Years of Service
User Offline
hmmm appears the upload didn't work
okay heres a link instead
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zgigtnogjdz/truck.zip
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 06:47
the intro was hilarious! alas, while the actual game did appear stable (and that's no small feat), it showed definite signs of being rushed together. the controls were akward and i wish the camera rotated with the humvee.

i wish you had time to create the game over sequence and polish the game up a little. but, we do what we can with the time we have, right?

thanks for sharing.

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenom™ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
pollywog
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks Nomad,
I hail from PA/harrisburg area but am In San Jose this week on business. I see from your local you know the area. so from a local what is good to see here?
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 20:28 Edited at: 11th Feb 2009 20:45
i'm an hour north of san jose and not too familiar with the area down there. i do check a local website, sfgate.com, for anything that might be happening. edit forums here don't like long URLS apparently so go to sfgate.com, then Entertainment >> Events, then enter:

when: this week (or whatever your time options are)
where: san jose, ca
within: 50 miles

...for search values

that will include san francisco, as well. refine with the menus on the left (specific categories, exact locations, etc.)

dunno what your travel options are or 'what's good' to you but here are some obvious 'tourist' hotspots (both in SF):

CA Academy of Sciences
New "Living" museum. haven't been there yet but it's on top of the list.

Exploratorium

hope that helps weather's not the best but no real storms on the horizon

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2009 23:50 Edited at: 11th Feb 2009 23:53
thought of a couple more suggestions to add:

Loews Metreon
San Francisco. IMAX theatre. current IMAX = The Dark Knight (link will take you straight to the movie)
also showing Coraline 3D.

Dave & Busters
Milpitas (about 10 miles from San Jose)
21+ arcade, billiards, bar, restaurant. dunno if you've been to another one, but it's pretty cool.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 02:29:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 02:29:47