Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / some noob prob - entities go and stay at position 0,0 forever

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I not sure what is happened to the entities, sometimes they will go to 0,0 and stay there.i think it may happened when "a" want to go to a place but during the path, he is facing a lot of entities and they are blocking "a" path until certain time "a" will go to the 0,0 place. it also will happen when the code ask the entities to wait for 5 seconds then move, but somehow (maybe push by someone), the entities is not waiting for that much of time then they move to 0,0 and stay there.

is there a way to solve it?

thanks..
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 07:55 Edited at: 12th Feb 2009 07:57
by 'entities' i'm assuming you mean 3d objects?

without seeing some of the code or you explaining it a little better, it's anyone's guess as to what's going on.

but, there's nothing that makes an object 'automatically' go to 0,0(,0?) without you telling it to, except for:

1) when you use make object, it will start at 0,0,0 until you assign it other coordinates or move it otherwise.

2) you MIGHT be telling it to go to variables x#,y#,z# (via position object that are not yet defined (they'll have 0.0 assigned to them (the variables) until you set them to something else).

otherwise, i'm not real sure what you're talking about...

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
fumade
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Virtual Nomad, you are right, it is in 3D. very first, the design of the program is to simulate the entities walk in a place. they will be position somewhere outside the "stage" and they are assign a code so that they able cross the "stage" reach their destination, after that they will be killed and rebuilt again. the problem that i mention would occurs when

1. the entities from exit1 go to exit2, during the travel, the entities may stuck in a place for a quite long period(probably by some crowd of entities). after some waiting period, they will be go to the 0,0,0 position.

2. this is also happen when they don't know where to go. eg, the entities are waiting in the counter for 5 seconds to buy ticket, but some entities at the back are pushing the front entities, until they cant wait for 5 seconds. while in front of the counter, if wait time <5s, they will stop. if wait time =>5s, they will move. but now is they wait time is <5s and they have leave the "counter" area. this caused the entities what to do, where to go, then they move to 0,0,0

in my opinion, the 0,0,0, would be the their idle place. just want to get a idea, how to detect which entities has gone blur and don't know where to go. then i can killed them..>.<

Thanks..
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 11:41
I really think some code would help us (Well, me anyway) to understand what your trying to do better

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
fumade
Years of Service
User Offline
so..u have idea to fix it. especial for the crowd situation? my code just manage to ask the entities to go there, but the entities are not going there after they block by other walking entities..
Kira Vakaan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2009 23:50
Um.. We have might have ideas on how to generally accomplish the task, but we have no idea how you've structured anything. "Asking" entities to go places is extremely general and can be done in any number of ways. As =PRoF= said, code would really help.
fumade
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually i'm using darkai command to code the entities moving.

but i not sure how to detect the entities go wrong..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 02:30:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 02:30:36