Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / X10 specific model pack ideas

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 22:12
This thread is intended for people who have ideas for model packs that could make use of the Direct X10 abilities for interesting, unique, or otherwise impressive presentation/gameplay that could not be done in X9. To start out the thread, here is a idea of my own: A sprite model pack would be a good start for X10. The particle effects of smoke and steam are very impressive, and seeing more of the like would an excellent addition. Things like fire, explosions, sci-fi beams, or electricity would be great candidates!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 22:17
I dont believe we can add more without modding the engine source code. As for models we just use the one in the FPSC Models and Media section for ideas at least i do and then just make it to be X10 ready. Personally i think it would be confusing to have two topics discussing basically the same thing.

So... You have messed up your FPS Creator again - The dreaded words are back

FPS Creator Community Forum
Silent hippo 1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 22:30
No, what i mean is things that Can't be done in X9, and my example of particle effects is one of them. Here's another example i should've though of earlier: unique ragdoll deaths. Things like a robot going berserk and then blowing up or a terrorist that grasps his face and jumps backward after a headshot and then falls down as a ragdoll would be a good use of the X10 capabilities that aren't even available in X9.
Indiana Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 00:17 Edited at: 16th Feb 2009 00:21
hm...

I love making games but I like searching for artifacts more.
Indiana Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 00:18 Edited at: 16th Feb 2009 00:22
I think there should be a model pack for Fps Creator X10 that makes you play in the cut scene and have a ChugShot and the other SciFi Weapons with Hands. For the DirectX 10, make the graphics ultra shiny with Bloom Effects and Bump Mapping.

I love making games but I like searching for artifacts more.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 00:40
@ Buckaroo

Thats not a model pack that is a source modification yet again people dont seem to be able to tell the difference.

Chris Beale
Years of Service
User Offline
i came up with a few model ideas for like a zombie game but i cant model for my life but i think x 10 could really do with more zombie characters and weapons(espically weapons).

But i was thinking maybe:
-a zombie that when you shoot him body parts fall off when he has been hit and the area bleeds where ever the zombie goes.
-Maybe a zombie whos skin disintergrates where ever he is shot and bones shows
-zombies that actually feast on any dead characters that the player has fallen, but the difference with the model pack 22 for x9 you actually see the flesh gonig from body to the zombies mouth.

this is NOT a request jsut an idea i had for a few x10 models
woot for toot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 22:20
ok The Next seems alone here so i will help,
a model is the charcter itself not wwhat it does but what it looks like. that is all it is, model packs have models that are animated, this is a model moving. now the difference between a model that is animated and a zombie that has its limbs shot off is you cant do that in x10 without a mod, you could do unique deaths by animating them YOURSELF in x9 but x10 has ragdoll which is considerably better so dont complain

fear my udder of doom!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2009 23:24 Edited at: 20th Feb 2009 23:27
-a zombie that when you shoot him body parts fall off when he has been hit and the area bleeds where ever the zombie goes.
-zombies that actually feast on any dead characters that the player has fallen, but the difference with the model pack 22 for x9 you actually see the flesh gonig from body to the zombies mouth.

The bits in bold cannot be done for following reasons in order as shown above

-engine just doesnt let it not that clever
- They are two separate models and cannot magically break bits off and disappear onto another model no engine can do that its not possible at all

Quote: "cant do that in x10 without a mod, you could do unique deaths by animating them YOURSELF in x9 but x10 has ragdoll which is considerably better so dont complain"

actually it can be done without a mod (its hard very hard would cost way to much to make)but if you want ragdoll working as well then it cant be done both dont work like that ragdoll in x10, as it uses one bone structure and bits falling off would need multiple bone structures.

Quote: "ok The Next seems alone here so i will help,"

Yeh very lonely lol

Hope that helps but thanks for the suggestions.

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 05:12 Edited at: 21st Feb 2009 05:13
Actually I believe to an extent you could pick off the limbs.

Now, you wouldn't be able to decide oh I want to shoot the arm, shoot it and it falls off. But you could do it so that if you shoot it a few times, a limb fall off or whatever until it's dead.
That's how crates work, is it not? Destroy a crate and it is replaced with fragment entities. What if when a zombie takes a little bit of damage, it is destroyed and replaced with an entity of an arm and an entity of a zombie missing an arm? the new zombie could have a spawn animation of it grabbing where it's arm was...

A picture says a thousand words.
-- H.K. --
http://www.fpscx10-online.com/
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 10:41
Quote: "That's how crates work, is it not? Destroy a crate and it is replaced with fragment entities. "

Actually if you look at the source code for X9 (guessing X10 is the sameish) you can see that it is actually hard coded in to do that so cant be done without a source mod if you want it done that way.

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 03:43 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2009 03:44
Oh...well that's stupid, why'd they make it hard-coded? I would have assumed we'd want people to be able to make stuff that at the very least leaves debris when it explodes...

Oh well, so much for that idea...

A picture says a thousand words.
-- H.K. --
http://www.fpscx10-online.com/
Chris Beale
Years of Service
User Offline
i disagree with no engine could take it other engines have done both granted fpsc probally will never be at that level but nothing is impossible and you dont suggest, you never know.

besides if you think about it its not that different from when you shoot a zombie in games and blood comes out from the place the bullet hit i mean resident evil One had that and thats 13 years old if fpscx10 cant do it then the engine really needs work.

as for ragdoll being better yeah it may be on the eye but its less releastic i mean if you fire a rocket at someone they wont fly backwards they would end up in tiny little pieces.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:36:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:36:03