Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Elementium RPG video - Old school, party based RPG

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wanted to to let everyone know I have a new video up for Elementium on YouTube. You can view the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0COVuIjteXI

The video just basically shows party creation and the new interface. I am working on a NPC interaction video now, and I will get that posted pretty soon.

Thanks!
-Mal
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 14:26
This is very interesting, but why do you make alot of threads about the same game? It has been a while since last time but I'll bet it's 'round 4 threads now about this game.

A bit of advice: Give us an informative first post with information about the game, your progress and some goodies (like screens and videos). And update the thread when progress has been made. That way, your thread will look more attractive and questions and discussion about your game might increase.

Good luck, I'll keep my eye on this project.

"Ja, för det är jävligt manligt att ligga fosterställning i duschen och raka röven! Testa det! "
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 21:50
Looks good I love RPG games like this, but I'm still waiting to see gameplay video. I think this is the third character creation video I've seen, although I'm not sure. Like nackidno said, you should flesh out the whole game design on here so we can see what the game is about. These character creation/title screen videos only go so far.

In the video looks like your mouse pointer wasn't really hovering over the options when they were highlighted and displaying info, although maybe that was just due to your capture software or something?

I'm really looking forward to the gameplay video. Let me know if you need a playtester. I helped out Hobgoblin Lord quite a bit (at least I think so) when he was working on his BT type game.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
nackidno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 23:06
Quote: "In the video looks like your mouse pointer wasn't really hovering over the options when they were highlighted and displaying info, although maybe that was just due to your capture software or something?"

That is because of Fraps, I have that problem too.

But to give you some more comments on the actuall game (so far), it looks really good, the graphics fits in pretty nice, I'm a bit concerned about the Portraits though, are those the final ones or just place holders? I don't like them very much.

Nica that you changed it to party based instead of single character game, I like that style even better (Like Wizardry, as you point out in the vid). I want more game like this, bad thing they aren't the highest priority these days.

Basilisk makes old-school RPGs too, Eschalon is the best RPG I've played since Arcanum.

"Ja, för det är jävligt manligt att ligga fosterställning i duschen och raka röven! Testa det! "
TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 09:28
Malifax,

Character Creation Screens look good. Reminds me of CRPG: D&D Eye of the Beholder. I assume this is a 2D game?

Bad Monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
this looks very good. I like it so far.

Visit my website:
http://www.artistsareus.com
jrowe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 12:00
Looks great, i really like the portraits. I can't wait to see some gameplay. What're you making it in? Is it 2D?

For Fathers and Sons who enjoy wholy spirits.
Malifax
Years of Service
User Offline
A new, short quick gameplay video of sorts is now up on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sXiJOVMqv0

Cheers!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 04:35:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 04:35:17