Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Tutorials, DLL's, Set Me Up...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, being new to DBPro I have to tell you all that I've fallen in love with the tool. As I'm going through fleshing out my goals that I have for a game I'm working on, I'm finding it difficult to find some more advanced tutorials. I learn a lot by example, and thus I'v done the various smaller tutorials, but they just don't have enough to help me understand DBPro a bit better. If any of you veterans out there know of any more involved tutorials, then please let me know.

On a side note, I've also been exploring the DLL's a bit. I've noticed that certain libraries are better than others, etc. There are a few veterans that seem to use the same set of DLL's and what not. Any insight as to which you guys use and why?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys!
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 03:56
I would say that by far the number one most useful set of plugins is the Matrix1Utils plugin collection, by IanM. It adds several hundred new commands to DBP, many of which should probably have been in DBP from the start.

Just a small look at what it provides:

-Function pointers.
-Large set of string functions.
-Flood fill.
-Find Free Object()/Sprite()/Sound(), etc.
-Console output window.
-Large set of array functions including array pointers.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. These plugins have saved me countless hours that would have been spent writing functions that should already be in DBP.

Kira Vakaan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2009 05:06
And for all of your collision needs, there's Sparky's Collision DLL. Beautiful sliding collision.
Sharlenwar
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice. I've been reading about them and was wondering about them. Excellent!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 02:28:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 02:28:22