Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Kana Blast

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2009 10:58 Edited at: 16th Mar 2009 17:39
This is an educational demo I've been trying to polish and get ready for actual producing/selling.

You learn the first 2 alphabets by simply finding and clicking the letters before they fall.

I want you guys to tell me if it works the way it's supposed to, on the computer, as well as if you start to memorize and say the symbol/letters before clicking on them. Note, it'll only run in 1280 by 1024. It is time-limited as I plan on releasing a version that not only runs in a window, but sells as educational software.

Now I should probably work on those maps I promised for world of Omen.

Anyway please check it out! I'm making fun software, not some stupid quiz like other language-learning stuff you can buy.

Any details you feel are missing? I want music in the near future.

READ THE README! For specs, instructions, my email.

That's all. Gonna add screenies now.

Signed
------

Attachments

Login to view attachments
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2009 11:00 Edited at: 16th Mar 2009 17:58
First Screenshot

(Note, the crappy look the GUI gets... that what you get when GUI Studio destroys then reloads, so I gotta rewrite my GUI system or find another one, posted in DBP forum about the bugs if you wanna see more detail)

Edit: I uploaded a smaller image (like the last screenie) but my machine keeps thinking it's a php and not jpg file... an issue with the forum? I'm not gonna quadruple post to fix that.

Signed
------

Attachments

feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
2nd Screenshot (in-game)
Also added a way to change the speed.

Have no hosting, otherwise wouldn't triple-post to get screenies up. Last self-responding post, honest

Signed
------

Attachments

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2009 19:27 Edited at: 16th Mar 2009 19:28
Quote: "my machine keeps thinking it's a php and not jpg file..."

yes, the forum doesn't like capital letters in file extensions. the first screenshot is .JPG vs .jpg. both would [img/img] fine, tho:

and, if you would zip it up vs installer + work out the resolution issue, i'd like to try it out.

feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
heh thanks. The resolution issue is due to the way it loads the images. An hour or so of work and I should have a window-able version for you. Right now, working on porting and cleaning the code for the porting...

Another day or so and I'll have one with a window. I also have a bunch of preloader options I need to add, BlueGUI to relearn... should be done within 2 days

Signed
------

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 04:33:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 04:33:08