Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Laser Labrynth. Being Ported to Dark Basic.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 07:35
Well here is a screenshot of one the the games I am porting over to Dark Basic. Probably will end up being a demo and extra game bundled on anther game CDs as a space filler.

When I port it over, it will be updated with more detailed graphics and better models.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 07:53
Screenshot is tiny, hard to see what it's like.

How about a little more explanation about what the gameplay is? Because right now you've used approximately zero words to describe your game.

And you need to be a little further along than a plan to do something, to post a WIP.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
PeteyM5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 08:29 Edited at: 10th Mar 2009 10:41
Yeah, Sorry about that. Laser Labyrinth is a proto FPS game, but everything is randomly generated, the maze and the position of stuff. I hope to port it over to Dark Basic and improve the game. I wrote it in my early days of experimenting with 3D graphics. I do not plan to publicly release any of the VB6 source code because it is copyrighted intellectual and artistic work. That is something only trusted assistant programmers work on.

Some progress has been made in Visual Basic 6 and now started breaking down the program and testing components in Dark Basic. I had issues with the Revolution 3D engine and one of the reasons why I had several projects sitting around for years and never completed them.

It does look like Dark Basic is going to be a much better option to do this game concept and can make the game more like I origionally envisioned it.

Attachments

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2009 08:43
Quote: "if I find some interested assistant programmers"

STOP IT

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
PeteyM5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2009 07:27
This game, along with my other one, "AutoWarriors" are in the re-design and porting over stage right now. I do consider it a "Work in Progress" now. I am working on "Laser Labyrinth" first because it is the simpler and smaller of the two projects. I am going to be enhancing above the original design because I know much more now.
PeteyM5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2009 18:20
Here is a screen shot of the title screen I have done so far. What do you think?

Some of you probably wonder why I have done games with other language and porting them to Dark Basic. One reason is the games were never completed and I lost interest because they were not coming out as good as I wanted. Some of it were do it limitations and issues with the Revolution 3D engine. The other option was to port it to VB6 + Truevisio3D. Another reason now is I am looking at the overhead costs. To register Truevision3D 6.5 is now $150 USD, and if I wanted to upgrade to VB.NET 2008, its like $640 USD. I can get Dark Game Studio DVD for $90 USD now (http://www.darkgamestudio.com/). I have to think about the future in these trying times. I feel Dark Basic is just as capable as other alternatives now.

I do hope I get more positive support for my projects on this forum now and not have my posts locked or deleted. I do rely on feedback for suggestions, opinions, help that helps encourage me to complete these projects.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 04:40:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 04:40:45