Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3DS Max model loaded, weird box on top

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. Hard to explain with words..hm, photo was taken. I'm confused as to why it's doing this. I use 3d Studio Max 8, and although it doesn't have a texture yet, I'm not certain if that's the problem or not! I use a GeForce Mx 4000 video card, 1 Gig of Ram, so it might be my video card at fault as well. Windows XP SP 2 as well.

I'm looking for some help because I'm trying to make my FPSRPG. Yep, tons of work, BUT your "attach limb to bone" or whatever it is, function? Saves me lots of time.

Help me, please? I'm a bit confused here.
Oh yeah the model was boned..(snickers, sorry, couldn't help myself) inside of 3ds max 8. That it?

Yes it's that box at his feet. I'm using a simple load object command, and auto cam, but auto cam did not affect it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2009 02:49
Post screenshots in JPG, please, people don't like having to download bmps

Can you post the code you're using? That will show whether it's something you're doing in the program or something in the model file.

Panzer
Years of Service
User Offline
I was able to figure it out; it was a crappy export job
.3ds into blender, export as .X, upload into Dark Basic=bad
3ds max into .X using Panda exporter=good

ok im going to recycle this thread, still related to models and DBPro

since i'll be using the 'attach to bone' command, or whatever it is, how is the bone listed? how exactly do i pinpoint the bone's name? do i have to remake the bone structure using DBPro, or do i somehow load it from the .X file?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:13:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:13:46