Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Collision System Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2009 07:05 Edited at: 13th Mar 2009 07:38
I realized that I've stopped working on every single one of my projects when I was doing the collision system. This is probably due to having no idea how to use collision commands. I downloaded Sparky's DLL 2 and messed about with it and quickly discovered I was getting nowhere. I looked at the examples, and they make no amount of sense to me. I've build a basic level, with a ramp and a drop, and a sphere that moves around the map. If someone could please help me out by walking me through setting up a sliding collision system with Sparky's DLL 2, that would be great.

anyways, here's the code I've written so far:

A zip file with the project, source, and map file is attached to the post.

If you're kind enough to help me, I'm afraid I can't offer much in the way of money, but I'm a decent 3D modeler and can make you a gun model or something. Below is an example of my work.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2009 02:45
I figured the easiest way would be to show it in your code, so here it is with some basic sliding collision:

I put everything I added in `======= lines to make it easier to see.

It's pretty straightforward but if you have any questions please ask.

Oh, and nice models, but you really don't have to offer anything around here, people will help you anyway.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:23:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:23:00