Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Best way to have online highscore table?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2009 02:51 Edited at: 16th Mar 2009 03:19
Hello, I am not new to DB Pro but am new to the online aspect. I have tried FTP with limited success. I can connect and send a file to my web address but am a little stumped at the get command, the help text is not exactly very informative .

Any ideas or any suggestions on the best way to go about this?

Oh btw, I am only interested in getting the info off the site, checking if local score beats the online one, updating online and displaying in game.

Here is the little test prog i have done to play about.

The put code is remmed out as that worked, now just trying to get the get command to work.

Now sorted using FTP. Chnage the aboce code line
FTP GET FILE "score","c:ftp",1
to
FTP GET FILE "score","score"

Just for anyones ref in future lol.

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081
Bardolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2009 23:05
TBH I haven't got a clue myself either lol

I did notice that ur Profile Webpage Link doesn't work however...

I don't think http://forum.thegamecreators.com/www.sentientsoftware.bandedsoftware.com sounds right some how...

(Free publicity)

I'm new to DBPro myself (not even delivered yet) although been programming in Basic variants since the Mid-80's (Oh Geez, I sound ancient LOL).

Looking forward to ur reply though as that's a similar direction I'm trying to head in.

If at first you don't succeed - Hide the evidence

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:22:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:22:26