Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Coding or clicking, having a hard time deciding

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi everyone

i'm trying to decide with i want for my birthday for a game design tool i can learn from. i can't decide between DBPro or multimedia fusion pro. my dad is a C programmer and he says to go for the coding since that is what is used for games in the industry but i can't help seeing how easy the multimedia fusion program is.

i found a post that helped me but i still can't come to a decision. this guys says that the 'clicking' thing is actually slower compared to the coding if you are advanced. the post is http://ootie.blogspot.com/2009/03/game-maker-software-vs.html

the post talks about using your mouse to click through menus is slower. i understand all that but i guess i can't stop thinking how easy or hard each is. anyone have this problem making a decision or should i beg my dad to get both?

mike
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, you won't get 3d with multimedia fusion(from what I know), and DB is easy(coding wise), so if you are interesting in doing coding, or have any experience, I'd go with that.
lucifer 1101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2009 00:37
im still a beginner, but for many years i just wanted point and click stuff, but it never works the way you want because you cant say exacly how you want it..

in my experiences of trying to learn this is a simple language and the syntax is easy to get used to, just read up on as many tutorials as you can and think small then think even smaller and thats where you want to start, after you do the tutorials dont attempt to make a game but rather a few small demos experimenting with the commands so you get to know what they do and what they dont, then you can move up and do few small games (2d or 3d doesnt matter, the difficulty is useually the same except 3d has z co-ord), when you think you are ready you could move on to anything you like and there will be a community of great people here to help you always!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:20:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:20:27