Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / model appearing differences

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everybody!

I'am from Germany so please excuse my bad english.
I've a simple question and hopefully some experienced programer or graphicdesigner can help me out.

I've made a model in 3D Studio Max w/o textures and the model should look like this:

I've implemented the model with

When I compile and run the program the model looks like this:

The Edges looks somethat strange and I don't like it this way.
Any one have a clue what I do wrong?

(c) Kroax
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2009 00:50 Edited at: 21st Mar 2009 00:51
I can't see a second picture, but I'm guessing your talking about the smoothing groups you may have applied in 3ds max and maybe the color (since there isn't a texture).

Smooth groups, or a global smooth angle will not work in DBP, I think it has to do with the x file format, I may be wrong. Also, you won't get the object colors either. What you'll have to do is apply a texture to get the colors. To get the smooth groups, only way I know how is through UV seams, or if you manually detach polys from an object, then combine them as one object (kinda like forced smooth groups).

Kroax
Years of Service
User Offline
Weird Board. Could'nt chek if the images were displayed correctly before posting and then had to wait for unlock my post via admin.

Anyways. This is the second picture (hopefully it will be displayed correctly this time):

I think you were right Josh Mooney and "solved" my problem because after I put a texture on the object it looked fine for me.
So thank you very much.

(c) Kroax

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:24:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:24:53