Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need animation help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I need help with my animation. What i want its that its square area around the frames isn\'t visible, that u can only see the subject.

I have already transformed the images into png files, but now i need a converter to make it an animation , wich i cant find anywhere, or maybe a code to the other avi animation, a code that makes its background invisible.

If someone know about my problem, plz post here, or maybe put the page of any png converter, so, ty.

REMEMBER ME, IM YITZU!
Yitzu
Years of Service
User Offline
almost forgot, its a 2d animation
Yitzu
Years of Service
User Offline
cmon guys, if i wrote it weird and u dont understand plz ask me, but i need someone that answer my question.

REMEMBER ME, IM YITZU!
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2009 22:41
how many .png images are in the animation?

also, you will get answers to your (many) questions sooner by providing a more-detailed description of what you want to do. this goes for just about every thread you've started. for example, here you could have told us "i have an animation of my hero walking and shooting his gun. i have it separated into 16 separate frames that are in .png format". which i think is what you want but i'm not going to sit and write an example, beg for more details, or answer what i THINK you're wanting to do. if you make it easier for us then we can offer more help.

Databug
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2009 23:14
How i do my animations is that i make the sprite sheet out of one file. each frame is in its own seperate box on that one file. then in Darkbasic you use the command
Quote: "create animated sprite spritenum,"spritesheet.png",frames across, frames down, imagenum"

depending on the numbers u put in frames across or frames down, darkbasic cuts the image evenly into that many boxes then sets them in sequence then somewhere in your code type
Quote: "play sprite spritenum
sprite spritenum,xvalue,yvalue,imagenum"

and it should work

Yitzu
Years of Service
User Offline
sry about not being specific, its just that, english isnt my natal language, so is a little hard, but i know thats not an excuse, so, sry about that. Ummm, so, ill try to give an example of what is wat i want.

ok, watch my image of sonic under my username, now watch the horse image of virtual nomad under hes username, my image has a box area around sonic, right? but the one of virtual nomad doesnt, its just the horse, without the box around it. Thats wat i want, i want my animation to be just itself, without the box, how can i do that?
One animation is separated in 3 images, and the other one in 5.

So, thats the problem, and, sry for being so annoying XD

REMEMBER ME, IM YITZU!
Pillarofire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 05:12
The problem could be one of a few:

1. Your image's data needs edited (delete the background) by using an image editor, ie. photoshop, GIMP, whatever...

2. You need to specify the transparency flag when you paste the image, That is if you are using raw images and not sprites.

3. You can try setting the image colorkey. That will omit any of that color pixel from being rendered.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 05:30
between what databug and pillarofire said, you'll be able to do what you want. and, there might be issues with the graphics themselves so if you try what's been suggested and still can't get what you want, attach the graphics and we'll go from there.

and, you're not annoying, yitzu. you're eager, and sometimes impatient, but not annoying lots of us read the forums hoping to help someone, but we are not mindreaders. so, we'll meet in the middle somewhere personally, i see questions people post as mini-challenges and i generally end up learning something new in the process.

also, your english is better than that of many native english speakers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:19:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:19:17