Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Image saving.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, ive used the command, set dispay mode ---, ---, --- and it works fine, but when i reset the game, it goes to its original display mode, how can i make it be always in the one u putted?

REMEMBER ME, IM YITZU!
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2009 10:22
What do you mean by "reset"?
Closing and restarting the program (then of course you will have to set it everytime; it won't "remember" settings from the last run unless you make it) or minimizing then restoring the window?

Yitzu
Years of Service
User Offline
ohh, yes i mean restarting the program, so, are u sure there isn a way?
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
So you mean that you changed the display mode in your code, compiled the program and it was all good, but then the next time you compiled it the display mode was different?

Totally confused, and the topic title doesn't help either.

Yitzu
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, the title should be, bitmap saving XD or something like that now that u say it.

This is the problem, i putted an action that says:

Thats just an example of what im trying to do, and it works fine IN THE GAME, WHEN IM PLAYING IT, but when i exit the game, and run it again, the display mode goes to its original state.

How can i do to make the display mode stays as the last time i putted it IN THE GAME when i run it again?
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
There's two ways. If you want that 960 by 600, then set it in the project settings in the IDE. You can choose "custom" then put in the number.

The other way is to save a file and write those values to it. Then read the file every time the game starts to load those into it. Look up file saving/loading or ini files to learn how to do that. It's real easy, like input but using Read File instead of Input.

Signed
------
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 21:48 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2009 21:50
Quote: "
save a file and write those values to it
"

this is also the answer to your music/sound volume question, yitzu. you need to save values to a configuration file from within the program itself that it can look for the next time it's launched and set values based on it's contents.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:23:01
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:23:01