Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Test game stops at Mapping lighting Help!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
System specs.
-Windows Vista 64-bit
-Intel core 2 duo P8400@ 2.26GHz
-4GB RAM
-Geforce 9600m GS 1GB

so when i try to test my game it gets done with most of the loading then when it gets to mapping lighting or somthing like that. It loads a little bit of it, it gets to about 183/383 then it stops and it doesnt go anymore. does anyone know how to fix this i have updated to the latest patch and everthing. i tried to repair the game and still the same thing i have my light mapping to best for performence so i dont know whats up. plz help

then sometimes it will go and then my screen will turn black for about 3 secs then switch back on and say that my display driver stoped working and recovered succesfully. then after its done mapping the lighting it will go to the next thing then it will bring up an error and say FPSC has stoped working so i click close program but it didnt close and the test game keeps going and then it brings up anoter error the one that says "if this problum pisseces then take a jpg image and put it on the FPSC bug board" or somthing like that

plz help i worked on this level forever and now its not working plz help

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2009 21:49
Your trouble is that your video driver is not updated update to the newest nvidia force-ware also lights should be static if at all possible to save loading times and speed issues.

If that fails

Try the map with light mapping off if that works then you should try to reduce the number of lights and especially those that are dynamic

If that fails then...

I suggest you remove FPSC X10 totally and then install it from scratch after updating all drivers on your pc and ensuring everything is updated including windows

NOTE: If you are using a beta version this could be a beta bug if you are using a beta before you try step two first downgrade to V1.08 or a stable version (V1.08 at time of this post)

Good Luck

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
ok I will try that but sometimes this also happens it will go and i think when i turn off the light mapping then when i get in my level ever things pretty much invisble expt some entities but walls and floor is gone expt the doors and you can still walk as if the floor and walls were there. And i do have FPSC x10 up to date to V1.08.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 01:06 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2009 01:07
Ok i suggest you re-install all your drivers and i also suggest a full re-install of FPSC X10 and that you use the newest beta version normally i would suggest avoiding betas if you are currently developing but in this case i suggest you try it.

Ensure all your drivers are 64bit drivers otherwise they WILL NOT work

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
alright thank you re-installing FPSC x10 now.
well tell you if it works or not.

thanks for the help

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 01:21
Ok good luck

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 04:00:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 04:00:17