Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Question regarding T.Ed and C++

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I will be using either DB Pro or GDK (I posted recently about which I should choose...you may want to help me out with that) for all of the basics...I intend to create a simple third-person shooter, just to get my feet wet. My question is: this website offers a lot of variety in terms of additional programs, like T. Ed...I am going to be using 3D Studio for most level designing (already done some practice work using the trial version, though it is limited) and I know how to implement it into the C++ programming...one question I have is, for T.Ed, the models created using that program can be exported into a file type supported by C++, correct? If so, how do you make it so you can switch between levels? I want to start off with just a basic third-person perspective, no action or A.I. involved yet...and I want to be able to move from a city designed in 3D Studio and straight into one designed by T.Ed. Is this possible?

www . New 1 Breed . com
Pillarofire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2009 05:24
Sure its possible. The ability to load and render a map like 3Dstudio is built into the Development Kit, whether it be DarkGDK or DBPro, not C++. Getting it to work simply means using whatever command is required to load such an object. I am positive that GDK and DBPro both have the functionality to load each of those file formats, and even if they don't I'm sure there are functions somewhere to do it.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2009 04:42 Edited at: 27th Mar 2009 04:44
DGDK can load any file format DBPro can load and you can move from one model to another easily(as simple as putting one area far enough away from the other one that it isn't rendered and then moving the camera to it after a certain action) the only I would be concerned with is the differences in the modelling styles of the two packages.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:22:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:22:43