Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Survivor: Survival Horror

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 06:41 Edited at: 13th May 2009 18:30
This is a survival horror game that simulates the fall of humanity.

Story Remaking

A screenshot of the industrial-residential part of the city where you start off. Framerate runs at a steady 160 to 180. Please don't flame me for no custom media. I am not good at making models.

Legend
Done:
Working on:
Idea:
Canceled:

Custom Textures
Panic Events
Finales
Voice Acting
Dynamic Spawning
Creative Puzzles
Sound Effects
Scary Effects
Allies
Custom Weapons
Cutscenes

Demo
http://files.filefront.com/Survivalzip/;13750629;/fileinfo.html

Bugs and problems.
1. First room is impossibly dark, so please ignore that, as the rest is basicly well lit.

2. When going up the industrial stairways, jump over the first part, as there is a glitch that will push you through the floor.

3. There are many areas that require some thinking to get out of, but just a hint, shoot the cabnit at the begining to clear the way.

Be Sure To Post C&C!

Survivor: Survival Horror project

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=147700&b=25

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 06:44
Wow. That's interesting. I have two questions.

1. Why would these powerful compamies kill of the us's government?
2. How is framerates so high?
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 18:01 Edited at: 13th May 2009 22:41
Thanks for catching that Apple Slicer. OK. Answers to your questions are as follows.

1. Reply Deleted

2. I am using FPSC X10 and mostly static entities so the framerate is pretty good for the outside areas.

Another screenshot of the industrial-residential area. An apartment stairway.

Attachments

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 18:57
Quote: "FPSC X10"

Aw, damn, can't play.

But the story makes more sense now.
bobochobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 20:31
lols
Quote: "These power hungry corporations, in desperation, made the worst mistake of all history. A mistake that ended history. The companies launched multiple nuclear missle strikes, leveling the white house, killing the president, and most disturbingly, wiped the Pentagon off the face of the earth. The corporations quickly realized their mistakes but too late to change anything"

I like the idea, but i think it needs a little more work. Mabye insurgents assanating important people ect

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 20:53 Edited at: 13th May 2009 22:42
Apple Slicer: I'm sorry Apple Slicer. Maybe when the migration comes?

Bobochobo: Reply Deleted

Another screenshot. This is the shiping supervisor's desk. Thus the maps and the...um...golden statue.

Attachments

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 20:59
I like the lighting in that new screenshot. Really nice effect there. Story also sounds good. Good luck with this

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 23:20 Edited at: 13th May 2009 22:43
Thanks for the good reviews so far. Another screenshot. This one is a back alley road leading to a playground area. New screenshots soon.

Attachments

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2009 06:22 Edited at: 13th May 2009 22:44
Another screenshot. Looks like the zombies didn't like this door . New screenshots soon.

Attachments

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
I gotta say, I don't like the green lights. I'd make them more beige or yellowish.
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2009 17:48 Edited at: 13th May 2009 22:45
Yeh. I'm going to change the light color a bit, and also add in some model pack media to make it look more like a city. Screenshots coming soon.

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 21:59 Edited at: 13th May 2009 22:45
Nevermind

Samuellx3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2009 23:17
Quote: "I gotta say, I don't like the green lights. I'd make them more beige or yellowish. "

Well personally i though the pale green light gave it an individual, eyrie atmosphere

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2009 22:13 Edited at: 13th May 2009 22:45
Well, now that I have finished the 2nd Level, time to give you people some screenshots.

A Military Evacuation Camp located in the city sewers. New screenshots soon.

Attachments

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2009 22:15
Yet another screnshot of the city sewers and... GASP!!... A way out!

With these isolated expiriments, we are not only expanding our knowledge on time, we are starting to harness it's potential. Head Reasercher before Expiriment No 52

Attachments

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 23:22
Another screenshot. Please give feedback for these. I DO NOT like double posting just to bump this thread back to top 8 which are the only areas that get any real attention.

With these isolated expiriments, we are not only expanding our knowledge on time, we are starting to harness it's potential. Head Reasercher before Expiriment No 52

Attachments

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 16:47
These screenshots are really hard to comment for some reason. I'm liking the second new screenshot. Good entity placement.

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 02:26 Edited at: 5th Apr 2009 02:27
Thank you for your feedback. Once again I am sorry for the lack of custom media. Its just not my thing. Glad you like it though.

2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
It's pretty cool......but it doesnt look like x10. In the second screenshot of the three, the water is poor detail and the first of the three screenys is....random. But good work. I would reccomend firma, gimp, and 3D canvas pro for custom media

Rogue
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 22:14 Edited at: 13th May 2009 22:44
Alright. No new screenshots yet, but I've got some game info on the weapons that will be featured. All weapons will be balanced so that none are too weak or powerfull.

Improvised Weapons: These weapons are basicly made out of anything you can pick up. These include lug wrenches, crowbars, and of course, Chainsaws. They do very high damage and are spot on accurate, but they require you to get up close and personal which can be risky.

Pistol: A pistol does small amounts of damage at medium range and a quick reload time makes it a reliable backup weapon but the low damage output and relitively slow rate of fire restrict it from becoming much more than a backup weapon.

Shotgun: The shotgun will deal huge damage to anything that gets hit by it and will downright kill anything that gets hit up close. Unfortunatly, it has a very long reload time (7 secs) and accuracy is dreadful. Ammunition is plentiful.

Assult Rifle: Due to military activity in infected hotspots, Assult Rifles are pretty common. A reliable amunition source however, is not. The Assult Rifle is devestating at medium range, but the lack of ammo is a big downside.

Sniper Rifle: Military backup snipers were thrown into infected cities to give coverfire to ground soldiers. Thus a few sniper rifles are in the city. A sniper rifle will kill any infected with 1 shot at long range (with the exeption of the Smasher). Ammunition is so scarce that you will be ready to Smash your computer by the time you find a clip.

Grenade Launcher: The grenade launcher is the most powerful weapon in the game. Obviously, it launches timed explosives. The only downside is that it only has one ammo clip.

Screenshots coming soon.

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 03:36
Some more screenshots as promised. This one is still level 2, but now we are out of the sewers. Please comment.

Attachments

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 09:07 Edited at: 8th Apr 2009 09:08
Very nice but where's the light sources?

Weapons seem pretty well balanced

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 18:26
The light source is not shown in the screenshot. It is coming from a light at the far end of the ceiling. Speaking of screenshots, here is another one. Remember to post feedback.

Attachments

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 01:47
Here is another screenshot. Its mostly to show off the lighting so it is kind of empty.

POST FEEDBACK

Attachments

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 11:25 Edited at: 11th Apr 2009 11:26
REALLY THE LAST PICTURE IS MY FAVORIT ... good work... i see you are improving

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 09:12 Edited at: 18th Apr 2009 08:31
Thanks.

Another screenshot.

Attachments

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 08:41
I know that many new and amazing games are coming out onto the forum lateley. Lifeless, The Dead Lives, The Warehouse (Congrats for the BotB PoK), and Darimc's new game, Shattered. Not to mention Red Eye. I know that these are great games, but I would like some honest feedback to not only give me ideas on what to keep and what to fix, but also to encourage me to continue making this game in the first place. Please give feedback, because it is sparse, and I really need to know that I'm not wasting my time on a full fledged game that will never get any attention.

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
hey i think this looks really good, great job! keep it up

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 14:33
My suggestion would be, tone the ambiance up to about 10 and activate fog. See how that works out, sometimes it really sets the tone. Also, See if you can get any garbage\paper overlays to work in x10. It can really give an "abandoned" look. Also, take control of x10's capabilities. I know I usually tell people to tone the bloom down, I would suggest you tone it up a tad, I think it would look nice.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 17:51 Edited at: 18th Apr 2009 17:53
@Gears of War: You are doing a fine job. You have skills. The advices of darimc are very good. The only thing I disagree is tunning up the bloom. Don't do that. Really don't.

My advice:

Not everything is about the graphical enhancement. (Of course that is also a great feature), light placement and entity placement are very important. (Almost every single object is there because it belongs there)example: there is water on the floor ,, and a light in a room. why is the light flickering because there is water on the floor (i hope you get what i mean)...

My favorit shots where the last two, and the fifth.
You are really improving.
And then finnaly, your leveldesing. Your are doing a fine job on that. (What i see from the screenshots.),, Just remeber (Why is that segment/room there?)....

And then the gameplay: Keep sounds in mind and your hud (i think that attracts the player also.),,,Cutscenes are also very important,, But on the other hand i dont like it, example: i was playing alone in the dark last time.... I was walking behind a man, it was very scary i heard sounds of darkness, really cool,, the sensation was 100% but then there was a cutscene,,, and the sensation dropped to 0,01%, because it was like i was watching a movie with advertisement ,

Little Things: (just things after finished the main thing).

You are using x10, i dont know if x10 has recoil or ironsights, but those little things can make a difference...
Also, little traps,, or rooms THAT BELONG THERE,,, but dont have any goal. (A bathroom for example)...

Well I hope i helped you a bit,,

succes

EDIT: If you have any questions, add me to msn or something.

Red Eye,

Red Eye Productions

Red Eye: Now in the Forums
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Bump

Red Eye: Now in the Forums
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 00:23
Thanks for the feedback you guys. I will be getting a demo out soon (after I tidy it up just a bit.)

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2009 21:48
Sorry for the wait. The demo isn't here just yet, but I have some screenshots. I am using a different technique in these shots. I hpe it works. This is in a cold storage unit before anyone asks why the fog is blue.

Attachments

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 03:31
Nice, I'm loving it. I looked at that last screen without reading the post and was preparing to say "really only black and white fogs look good" but you made it work. Keep it up man.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 19:21
I know oil companies are evil, but what the hell!? Please, scale the story back about 500% in terms of absurdity. First screenie looks pretty good though. Good luck with your game.

83% of women tested found Pus in Boots irresistable. (Based on a survey of 172 women.)
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2009 21:58 Edited at: 6th May 2009 23:23
Yeah the story was just thrown together pretty quickly. I am currently unable to get model pack two in my order history, so the demo will be postponed. Sorry I am also planning on entering The Next's contest.

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th May 2009 00:11
Late post, yay!!!

A single drop of water can mean a drained ocean for future generations
Mr FPSC
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow really good, i like that idea with the fog, a great ide based off that is if your character was to turn into an ally way place a script that turns of the fog and make it like grey or red, that would make it freaky if a zombie was to pop out idk w/e makes you happy
Mr FPSC
Years of Service
User Offline
Lol model pack 9!!! You could become a zombie!!!!!!
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 04:29
Thank you for your comments. This is not the end of this project. I am simply delaying the demo until I can get some better media.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 18:56
Game looks really nice. I mean really nice. I'll be keeping my eyes on this one. I'm always getting inspired in the forums, but this is especially making me inspired. Sorry for my bad english.

Metaldevil123
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2009 09:45 Edited at: 11th May 2009 09:46
Edit: Nevermind.

Looks good.

Gears Game Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for your encouragement. The Demo is back on track, as I found model pack two in my current account. Expect a Zip. file soon.

Anywhere, Anytime
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 18:34
Please forgive my double post. I have added the demo to the first post. The bugs and problems are all listed below the demo link.

Please post C&C

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2009 05:13
Anyone?

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 00:40 Edited at: 15th May 2009 00:49
I'm downloading the demo now.

EDIT: I just played it, for some reason the fps was really low. I couldn't get past the starting position before I just got too frustrated and quit.

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 01:10
hmm. Well thanks for trying it. I have no idea why it would lag like that. What are your specs?

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 02:50
Vista 64 bit, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50 GHz, 6 GB of RAM, NVidia Geforce 9800 GT

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 03:11
Well, the 9000 range doesn't quite work as well with FPSC X10.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 04:20
Funny, works fine with all my games/maps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:55:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:55:41