Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Input Text/Textboxes?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there a way to have a textbox with DarkGDK instead of using traditional C++ coding (like a function or something). We want a textbox as part of a login sequence where the client input's his/her username.

Also, would traditional C++ coding work with Dark GDK (like cin<< and cout>>?

Thanks
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 21:52
c++way may be quicker and easy to find something all ready done, to do it DGK make something around char* dbEntry$ ( void ) .

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 22:33
Just use Win32 API or something if you're using C++ >.>

Doesn't VC++ have a Visual Form Builder like the other Vxyz stuffs in Visual Studio?

"I have faith, that I shall win the race, even though I have no legs, and am tied to a tree." ~Mark75
G0DL355
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 04:09
HowDo and n008 are completely right - C++ would be quicker, and you'd be more likely to find something.

It should do - on the start page of VC++, find the Code 4 Fun link and click on it. It has a large index of GUI applications, and I'm sure one or two of them would apply to you.

Failing that, search online for C++ GUI tutorials, and I'm sure you'll find something like you need =)

G0DL355

p.s. dark GDK is basically like an additional library all of it's own - C++ just compiles it, so, you should be able to implement non-related libraries into it and build them into your .exe

btw, if you've gotten to the login phase of the game, have you managed to find a way to get around the problems arising from the release builds using dark GDK?

--------------
So Endeth What Was Begotten From That Moste Darkest and Forgotten Of Times...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-06 19:20:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-06 19:20:02