Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Collision gosub thing help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,

I'm currently in the process of making a 3D game and I would like some help. To go on to the next level, the player has to step on a gold platform. I'm not really sure how to set the program to go on to the next level when the player steps on the platform. I have the gosub part down, it's alerting the program that the two objects have collided that I need help with. Here's what I've done:

I've made collision boxes for the player and the platform
Turned on collision for both objects
Turned on global collision
And tried this code:
if object collision(10,11)=1 then cls (cls is just the example)
object 10 is the platform and object 11 is the player

I really need some help with this so anyone willing to is welcome and I'd really appriceate it!

-the dumb 15 year old
kuljot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2009 05:16
well for the next level you need to delete all objects from old level. Flush video card memory will delete everything except sound and video. right after collision is detected put gosub. before gosub delete ervything. then call the gosub again and make the second level should wor. if you need more help send me an email at kuljot123@att.net

Gateway GT5628 Quad Core Desktop Intel Core 2 Q6600 2.4GHz Quad Core 3072MB RAM / 500GB 7200 SATA II Hard drive DVD RW 18X multi dual NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT ....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:22:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:22:25