Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / WiiMote plugin - Should work with some help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 23:40
I'm sure everyone can image how great it would be to be able to use a wiimote in your games and i decided to have a look into it. There's already some stuff on the forums but it's out of date.

I've had a go at coding it and i've managed to get the leds on the remotes to light up but i havn't gone any further yet because of a problem i'm having with managed types in c++.

This is the code i have so far:

The error message i am getting is because i am declaring a global with type wiimote. If anyone thinks they may have a solution to this i can send the project.

This is not a full library it's more of a translator of another library to make the functions work in DBPro but i know it will work because i've put the 3 functions into one and it changed the leds.

Thanks in advance

Dale2507
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 00:48
Managed classes in C++ must use '^' when declaring them Also, they can't be declared in global scope, they must be within another class or function.

Like this:
Wiimote^ wm;

[b]Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
BOX2D V2 HAS HELP FILES! AND A WIKI!
Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 00:56
PLEASE post this when it is done!
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 13:51
Ok, i got rid of the error about static managed type and all i need to do now is call wm from the Wii class i had a play using Wii::wm but that didn't seem to work. any ideas?

Thanks
dale2507
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 19:59 Edited at: 7th Apr 2009 20:00
Gd news!!!

Also posted on CodeGuru forum an someone posted some code. It worked an i figured out how 2 use it. Gonna keep working on this but for now u can happily change leds an make the wiimote rumble.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=148512&b=8

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:43:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:43:09