Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / why oh why oh why

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 01:00
I think i must be the wrost programmer as i am forever on here asking for help have a look at the following code if you will

looks ok i thought BUT NO even when i have put the mouse on the button and just press the mouse button .... nothing

what i really dont under stand is i have put a screen res at 640x480 but when i put the mouse at what paint shop pro says are the X,Y of the button (it is on a bitmap) and use the position mouse to the X, Y it is half way up the bloody screen any ideas or should i just give up

pulling my hair out (whats left of it LOL)

Mesaratz
Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 01:15 Edited at: 5th Apr 2009 01:15
I have a question: why do you position the mouse off-screen? And use mouse checks that are larger than the screen?

That's what they WANT you to think...
mesaratz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 01:27
Because when I used the position mouse where I wanted to set them they are way off and I they used the position mouse command on the debug screen and if I use the 600,600 it sets it right where I want it
I know that it should be right off the screen BUT it isn’t it just sits in the right place even low it should be off the screen as it is set to 640,680,32
Bursar
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't worry about what Paint Shop Pro tells you about mouse coordinates.

When you place the image on the screen, you are specifying an X and Y location of the image, so you just need the X position of the image to find the left edge, and X position + image width to find the right side. Similar applies to the Y position and the image height.

So something like this:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:15:19
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:15:19