Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problem with model transforming

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am a newer to DB Pro, and I'm hard studying. At present I'm planning to create a 3D street with people walking in and dogs wandering. My friends have helped me by accomplishing 2 models(a kid and a dog). However, the former is .max and the latter is .mb which I can't transform to .x models. I've tried a lot of ways, like DEEP.EXPLORATION, POLYTRANS, panda... They didn't work for the reason, I guess, that these animation models were built by the latest softwares which havn't been supported by these transformation softwares. What a pitty! Could someone help me to transform these models to .x format. Or provide me some simple humen and dog models with animation. Thanks a lot! Once I finish this project, I will post it all in the WIP.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 00:28
Are you using 3ds Max then?

You'll have to go back into it and export them as .x files: at the moment, there is no way to transform either .max or .mb models into .x

That's what they WANT you to think...
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
yea do what quirkyjim said it should work

www.madninjas.co.nr we are mad and we are ninjas
Kira Vakaan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 02:24 Edited at: 6th Apr 2009 02:27
Quote: "You'll have to go back into it and export them as .x files"

Solid idea, but 3DS Max doesn't have a .x exporter. Although, you can download the Panda DirectX Exporter. It's a MAXScript plugin that converts scene objects to .x.

Edit: @james clark: I just read your original post a little more carefully and I noticed you said you've already tried panda... Dunno, it worked for me...
Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 03:34
I don't have 3ds Max, so IDK. (out of my price-range LOL) It was just my best guess.

That's what they WANT you to think...
Kira Vakaan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 04:17
*cough*Out of mine too*cough* lol
james clarke
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, thanks a lot for your attention. You are so kind-hearted. The former model is built by 3DS Max and the latter is built by Maya 2009. It seams they are not fixable to transform to .x format...
Could you offer me some simple dogs animation models? It would be very helpful for me. Or could I get some free models from somewhere? Thanks again, sincerely.
james clarke
Years of Service
User Offline
I've found the way for max->x by using panda, just like Kira Vakaan suggested. Thanx a lot!
However, there is still no way for the maya model...
Maybe I could using Poser to get a dog movement animation, I guess...
Anyway, thanks guys again, for ur helpful suggestions and attention. It is really a great encouragement for new comers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:23:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:23:04