Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Re-Installing X 10 - Not working - Please help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I had some problems with X10 after I was manually adding files to create new entities and segments. I can't remember how or what exactly happened, but FPS Creator X 10 wasn't working so I removed it. I backed it up however inside the FPSC X9 folder but I have now removed that. I tried reinstalling and it does, but when I activate it (even in administrator mode) it opens up and the editor has the 'Checking FPS Creator X10 files for you...' message but it just freezes. It doesn't load, I can't close it down without opening task manager - nothing.

Please, please could you help me with this, I have no clue what to do.

After installing Ply's Mod for X9 on the same machine and that not working, I undid the changes suggested in the readme of Ply's Mod (except there is a backup copy of X9 in my documents) and the same thing happens for X9.

My system specs are:

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
Memory: 3326 MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Thank you for all your help!

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 19:57
We need an image of the errors i had this before i suggest you just dont mess with the FPSC files unless you have more experience.

Unless we get more info only thing i can think of that would work is to re-install your OS thats what fixed mine.

Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, I'll upload a screen shot. It isn't an error message, rather it just freezes on the start screen. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 23:29
Yeh you will need to re-install FPSC for that one. If you cannot re-install FPSC then im afraid a Operating System Re-install is in order.
But before trying any of that ensure you go to nvidia.co.uk and update all your drivers.

Good Luck

Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Patrick, may I suggest contacting TGC support, as possible one of the files you are using is corrupted.

As you have said you have already reinstalled.

Try this link for the support information: http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=contact_support

Patrick Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
It works! Very Strange!

This morning, I tried FPS Creator X10 and X9 and they both work! I didn't do anything apart from reinstall them both. Maybe my computer just needed some cool down?

Any way, why this issue arose, I don't know (probably because of me changing the FPS Creator X9/X10 files) but now it is fixed.

Thanks everyone for your help, I really appreciate it.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 12:41
LMAO thats weird i agree

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:32:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:32:13