Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Code wont compile

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i was wondering does anyone know the solution to my problem i have just got the trial version of DB pro as i am buying it this summer but when i go to compile code it says it cannot create it but when i go in to debug mode it says direct x is not installed can anyone help me
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 16:56
if you're running vista, you need to run DBP as an administrator. Theres a whole thread stickied about it at the top of the DBP forum.

You'll also need to install the latest version of DirectX 9.0c.

Try this and let us know if it helps.

Without Music or Love the world would be a very empty place... Thank god I still have music.. --'-<@
CSL
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 01:24
As a Vista user, I went through the same problems and I had to search all over the place for answers. I hope you can solve your issue by looking at this one thread.

To use DBPro with Vista there are two main things, running the program as an administrator, and having Direct X 9.0c installed. Apparently Vista's more advanced Direct X version is not downward compatible to 9.0c.

To run DBPro as administrator: Right-click the DBPro icon, select Properties, Shortcut tab, Advanced button, and check the Run as administrator box.

Clickhere to download Direct X 9.0c. Installing it on Vista won't overwrite the newest version.
If the link doesn't work, then cut and paste the following URL on your browser:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en

Hope this helps.

CSL

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:20:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:20:06