Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with collision and point object

Author
User Banned
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 04:41 Edited at: 9th Apr 2009 04:43
ok,here is my problem and any help would be appreciated.
My guy followes me fine when i hit my trigger zone, but he follows me bacwards, ive tryed many difrent things with yrotate, but no matter what i do when i hit that trigger zone my modle follows me with his back to me, is there a magic way i can make him face me, im putting the yrotate in the loop, not in the loop, ive tryed many ways.

second thing is when he does follow me he leaves his collision box behind him, im using sparky collision, so is there a way to make the collision move with my enimy.

here is my coad.

dweeb
pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 06:06 Edited at: 9th Apr 2009 06:07
and if anyone needs to know, i did search for this for like 5 hours, there is alot of point ojbect questions, but none of my nature, also there is alot of yrotate, but none that explains why my model will not face me when coming to me.

thanks in advanced.

dweeb
pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 06:44
well i figured out why my guy would not rotate, all i did was turned him around in 3ds max, then reexported him out, now he faces me.

BUT I STILL NEED HELP WITH WHY MY COLLISTION NOT FOLLOWING THE GUY.

dweeb
DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 07:19
I'm guessing object 8 is the enemy? Anyway just add "sc_updateobject 8" somewhere in your main loop.

Good luck!

DBPro, limited by the programmer.
pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 08:28
thanks, belive it not i figured this out on my own,lol, 2 things i figured out on my own that i needed help with, mabey i should just ask for help this way i find the answer out faster.

see when i dont ask for help, i never find it, but as soon as i ask for help, weither someone helps or not, i figure it out.

now, im still having problems though, see, my guy has collision with me now, but not with the rest of the world. it looks kind of funny that my guy can walk through tables.

this i will need some help with. see i have me the 3rd person player set up with sliding colition. but nothing else. is this a group issue or do i need to ad that modle to the sliding colition, if so wont this make a conflick.

dweeb
DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2009 16:30
Hmm... without some code I can't really know, but I'll guess. I know it's obvious, but have you used "sc_setupobject" on the world object? Are you scaling, moving, or rotating the object after setting it up? Is the world set to polygon collision? If you program is fairly short(a couple hundred lines of code) and you don't mind, it would be a lot easier for me or anyone else to help if you just gave the whole thing.

Who knows, by now you might have solved it.

pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 00:10 Edited at: 11th Apr 2009 07:32
Who knows, by now you might have solved it.
lol i wish,
edited game coad out

dweeb
pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 22:23
im sorry, does no one know what could be wrong with my coad? my guy, object 8 or acully none of my objects have real collisiton with the world, i do, and they do with me, but they dont with the map. I posted my coad above so please could someone that knows anything about sparkys plugin have a look ay it to tell me what might be the problem.

dweeb
DB PROgrammer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 05:40
Where is the collision code for the other objects? I don't see any.

pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 05:48 Edited at: 11th Apr 2009 05:49
im sorry, collision code for the other objects? do you mean the coad in the loop, or just

becouse i have collition coad for the player in the loop, if i need to place the same kind of coad in the loop for them then could you give me a example of how i might impliment this to were it does not conflick with my players collision data.

thanks

dweeb
pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 06:36
never mind, i do not know why i did not SEE THIS,LOL, all i need to do is right another function for my guy i want collision for, man,how plain dumb of me,lol, sorry for waisting your time.

dweeb
pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 06:47
ok, i just coppied the same function from the sliding demo he has alrady set up and changed all the numbers to my guys numbers and now i do have collision working for him, he no longer goes into tables and such. thanks for all your help anyway.

dweeb
pc nerd
User Banned
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 09:07
and just in case anyone wants to know how i did it, its pretty simple,

here is the function to add other objects to collision other then the player, this is for sparkys plugin

I also did the same thing for perfect camera collision for 3rd person view collision in sparkys dll

just put camera(num) in your main loop with the third person controlls, as in camera follow object, then you will have perfect collision for your camera

dweeb

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:20:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:20:29