Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 2D layer problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, i have tried to post this a few times, but i keep getting the same anwser, which i cannot use... I'm making a 3D game, and i'm trying to make an UI for it... Now, when i use the "box" command, to draw a 2D box, i get some problems...
Well... darkbasic draws the box, true, but it draw's it beneath sprites... I don't understand why hte default behavior is to make sprites overlap everything, rather than make the last thing drawn, the one overlapping everything previous... however, i know there is a command called: "draw sprites last" and yes, it makes the box go in front of the sprites, but so does the 3D enviroment, which i don't wan't it to!
I also tried to use the "draw to front" command, but that doesn't help at all :S
mike5424
Years of Service
User Offline
code plz!!!

www.madninjas.co.nr we are mad and we are ninjas
MedianHansen
Years of Service
User Offline
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 20:31
MedianHansen
Why don't you just load/create a 2D box image and then display it as a sprite? If you needed to update it, all you have to do is update the image in-game. Maybe I don't understand what it is that you are after here.

LB
MedianHansen
Years of Service
User Offline
Because i prefer to find a solution to my problem, that rather just sneak around it... hte right solutions may come in handy later...
LBFN
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 21:01
Quote: "Because i prefer to find a solution to my problem, that rather just sneak around it... "

I gave you a solution. You have decided that this is not the "right" solution and that it is somehow sneaking around. Do you really think that people are going to be interested in helping you when you keep tossing aside the help that is being offered? This is your third thread on the very same issue, for crying out loud. I will be surprised if anyone will take their time to research the elusive "right" solution for you. :-|
MedianHansen
Years of Service
User Offline
No, that's not a solution really... because the problem isn't getting a black square there, the problem is i wish to know a fanction to get 2D vector graphics on top of sprites, i appreciated your heplp, i really did, i just can't beleive that there's no command for that!
MedianHansen
Years of Service
User Offline
Again, i'm awful sorry if i seemed ungratefull, that was not my intentions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 04:18:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 04:18:49